Warren is the firm’s managing shareholder and heads up its administrative law and appellate litigation sections. He regularly represents clients before a broad spectrum of state agencies.
Warren provides legal expertise in a wide variety of regulatory areas, including constitutional law, business and professional regulation, state contracting and procurement, election law and ethics matters, ballot initiatives and referenda, and gaming. He is a member of the Florida Bar and is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida, the U.S. 11th Circuit Court of Appeals, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
A native of Tampa, Warren received his Bachelor’s degree, cum laude, in Psychology in 1986 from the University of South Florida, where he was a member of the Alpha Tau Omega fraternity.
After serving four years as an officer in the U.S. Air Force in New Mexico, Texas, and what was then West Germany, he entered law school and received his Juris Doctor with highest honors from Florida State University in 1993.
Warren is a member of the Order of the Coif. While in law school, he served both as Notes and Comments Editor and as Piece Selection Committee Chairman for the Florida State University Law Review.
- What’s your favorite family tradition?
Festivus (for the rest of us!)
- If you joined the circus, what would your circus act be?
Knife thrower for “The Wheel of Death.”
- Coke, Pepsi or other?
On the rare occasion when I consume a soda, it’s a Coke.
- What was the worst job you ever had?
It’s a three-way tie -- polishing an 86-foot-high outdoor escalator; cleaning seagull “poo” off of items in a large artificial pond, in waders; emptying massive outdoor trash cans full of food and discarded beer, on a crowded outdoor patio deck, during the Florida summer.
- Where is your favorite place you have traveled?
The Pacific Northwest.
- What three words would your friends use to describe you?
Logical, Level-Headed, Conscientious (yikes, that sounds boring!)
- If you could only eat one item for every meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
A salad with grilled chicken . . . dull but nutritionally complete (since I have to eat it for the rest of my life).
- What’s your favorite sport to watch and which team do you root for?
Football. These days, I root for the team with the oldest quarterback, as a matter of “senior solidarity.”
- What’s your favorite TV show—the one you’re always watching on repeat?
Star Trek (Original), MASH, and Seinfeld (of course, see response to Question #1).
- What keeps you going during the hectic legislative session?
Keeping my eye on Sine Die!