Warren is the firm’s managing shareholder and heads up its administrative law and appellate litigation sections. He regularly represents clients before a broad spectrum of state agencies.
Warren provides legal expertise in a wide variety of regulatory areas, including constitutional law, business and professional regulation, state contracting and procurement, affordable housing development, election law and ethics matters, ballot initiatives and referenda, pari-mutuel gaming, and alcoholic beverage regulation. He is a member of the Florida Bar and is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida, the U.S. 11th Circuit Court of Appeals, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
A native of Tampa, Warren received his Bachelor’s degree, cum laude, in Psychology in 1986 from the University of South Florida, where he was a member of the Alpha Tau Omega fraternity.
After serving four years as an officer in the U.S. Air Force in New Mexico, Texas, and what was then West Germany, he entered law school and received his Juris Doctor with highest honors from Florida State University in 1993, graduating second in his class.
Warren is a member of the Order of the Coif. While in law school, he served both as Notes and Comments Editor and as Piece Selection Committee Chairman for the Florida State University Law Review.
REPORTED APPELLATE DECISIONS
- Okeechobee Aerie 4137 v. Wilde, 199 So. 3d 333 (Fla. 4th DCA 2016).
- Department of Revenue v. Ruehl No. 925, LLC, 76 So. 3d 389 (Fla. 1st DCA 2011).
- Auto-Owners Insurance Co. v. Pozzi Window Co., 984 So. 2d 1241 (Fla. 2008).
- U.S. Fire Insurance Co. v. J.S.U.B., Inc., 979 So. 2d 871 (Fla. 2007).
- McKenzie Check Advance of Fla., LLC v. Betts, 928 So. 2d 1204 (Fla. 2006).
- Advisory Opinion to the Attorney General Re Florida Minimum Wage Amendment, 880 So. 2d 636 (Fla. 2004).
- Advisory Opinion to Attorney General Re Protect People from the Health Hazards of Second-hand Smoke, 814 So.2d 415 (Fla. 2002).
- Gulfstream Park Racing Association, Inc. v. Department of Business & Professional Regulation, 661 So.2d 955 (Fla. 4th DCA 1995).
- Denmark v. State, 646 So.2d 754 (Fla. 2d DCA 1994).
- Goldfarb v. Insurance Co. of North America, 642 So.2d 586 (Fla. 3d DCA 1994).
- Advisory Opinion to the Attorney General Re Tax Limitation, Voter Approval of New Taxes, Property Rights, and Revenue Limits, 644 So.2d 486 (Fla. 1994).
- State ex rel. Bruce v. Kiesling, 632 So.2d 601 (Fla. 1994).
- Husband, New Approaches & New Polluters: The Clear Air Act Amendments of 1990, 19 Fla. St. U. L. Rev. 861(1992).
- Schwenke, Hoard, Husband, Florida Air Pollution Regulation, in Florida Environmental Law Handbook 5 (1992).
- Husband, Resurrecting Hollywood’s Golden Age: Balancing the Rights of Film Owners, Artistic Authors and Consumers, 17 Columbia-VLA Journal of Law & the Arts 327 (1993).
- What was your favorite TV show when growing up?
Star Trek and M.A.S.H. (tie)
- What is your favorite cereal?
- What was your childhood nickname?
Warren… my name is Warren.
- What, or who, are you a “closet” fan of?
I have already declared myself a Star Trek fan, so I have nothing to hide… say it loud, say it proud!
- What would you be doing if you weren’t at your current job?
Scientist (discipline undetermined)
- What movie or novel character do you most admire/identify with?
Sherlock Holmes (the “old school” version… Think Basil Rathbone, not Robert Downey, Jr. or Benedict Cumberbatch)
- What is the last book you read?
I can’t remember… it was not very good, so I have erased the memory.
- What/where was your first job?
Kash n’ Karry Grocery Store (bag boy)
- What was the last concert you attended?
- What is your favorite NFL team?