A founding member of our firm, Steve currently serves in a special counsel capacity. Steve received his Bachelor’s degree in journalism with honors from the University of Florida and earned his Juris Doctor at the Florida State University College of Law.
Steve has over 35 years of experience in the legislative process. His practice has focused on the areas of legislative, governmental, and administrative law. Steve is a former legislative staﬀ member and a former Assistant Attorney General. He was General Counsel of the Florida Home Builders Association from 1976 to 1981 and General Counsel of the Florida Chamber of Commerce from 1981 to 1985.
Steve is a member of the Florida Bar and has been a lecturer on legislative practice and dealing with state agencies. During his career, he has played a major role in a wide range of legislative initiatives including tax issues, health regulations, workers compensation, and judicial, environmental, construction, and growth management issues.
Steve was appointed by Governor Jeb Bush to serve on the Florida Sports Foundation, where he served for eight years, including a term as vice chair. He also served as Chairman of the Task Force on Crime for the Florida Chamber of Commerce. Steve was awarded the Distinguished Service Award by the FSU College of Law, and is an honorary member of Florida Blue Key. Steve is a guardian ad litem volunteer advocate and helps manage a mobile food service kitchen for low-income families.
Steve has received the highest “AV” rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
- Shareholder Areas Of Practice: Legislative & Governmental Aﬀairs, Administrative Law, Environmental Law
- Bar Admissions: Florida, 1976
- Education: Florida State University College of Law, Tallahassee, FL, 1975 University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, 1971
- B.A. Honors Major: Journalism
- Classes/Seminars Taught: Lecturer, Legislative Practice and Growth
- Management Topics Honors and Awards: AV Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Professional Associations and Memberships: The Florida Bar, American Bar Association
- Tort Reform United Eﬀort (TRUE), 1998 -1999
- Executive Director, Tallahassee Chamber of Commerce
- Task Force on Crime, Florida Chamber of Commerce
- Board of Governors Chairman
- Florida Sports Foundation
- Board of Directors of FSU Foundations
- Florida House of Representative, Committee Staff Director
- State of Florida, Attorney General’s Oﬃce, Assistant Attorney General
- Florida Home Builders Association, General Counsel, 1976-1981
- Florida Chamber of Commerce, General Counsel, 1981-1986