Pierce Schuessler has a decade of senior-level experience in state government. Early in his career, Pierce served as Legislative Affairs Director for former Florida Secretary of State Kurt Browning. Later, he served in the Governor’s Office of Policy and Budget developing and drafting the Governor’s Budget Recommendations for various state agencies. From 2010-2012, he served as the Budget and Legislative Affairs Director for Florida Secretary of State Ken Detzner. Pierce then went on to serve as Director of Legislative Affairs for the Florida Department of Environmental Protection.
In 2013, Pierce led DEP’s efforts to pass omnibus legislation providing $880 million for the Governor long-term Everglades restoration plan. Pierce also served as Chief of Staff to State Senator Tom Lee. Pierce earned a Bachelor of Science in Political Science from Florida State University.
- What was your favorite TV show when growing up?
- What is your favorite cereal?
Cinnamon Toast Crunch
- What was your childhood nickname?
- What, or who, are you a “closet” fan of?
Lady Gaga- but don’t tell anyone.
- What would you be doing if you weren’t at your current job?
If I had it to “do all over again”, I would be a pilot.
- What movie or novel character do you most admire/identify with?
The Dude – The Big Lebowski
- What is the last book you read?
The Swamp by Michael Grunwald
- What/where was your first job?
Mail Boxes Etc
- What was the last concert you attended?
Dave Matthews Band
- What is your favorite NFL team?
N/A. Real football is played on Saturdays.