Karl Rasmussen is a Senior Policy Advisor at MHD responsible for lobbying the executive and legislative branches of state government on behalf of firm clients. Specializing in Environment, Insurance, Gaming, Health Care, Construction, Technology and Energy issues, Karl has been a part of the Florida political process for over a decade.
Karl has been instrumental in lobbying on special projects at both the executive and legislative branches, which has resulted in creating opportunities for clients at state agencies, including rulemaking and funding successes. Prior to joining the private sector, Karl spent seven years in government service, where he most recently served as a member of the senior leadership team in the Executive Office of the Governor under the Governor Rick Scott Administration.
From 2014 to 2017, Karl served as the Deputy Chief of Staff to Governor Scott, where he was responsible for developing policy positions, legislative priorities, and recommendations to the Governor with a focus on Health Care and Environmental Issues. In this role, Karl managed eight state agencies providing guidance to agency leadership on policy, legislative strategy, communications, budget, leadership and operations.
Karl also served as Director of Cabinet Affairs for Governor Scott, as well as the Assistant Director of State Lands, the Director of Cabinet Affairs and the Cabinet Affairs Liaison for the Florida Department of Environmental Protection.
- What’s your favorite family tradition?
Annual beach vacations, Annual Cubs trip with Dad and Mom’s Breakfast Casserole on holidays
- If you joined the circus, what would your circus act be?
- Coke, Pepsi or other?
- What was the worst job you ever had?
Weeding the flower beds as a kid for my allowance
- Where is your favorite place you have traveled?
- What three words would your friends use to describe you?
Energetic, Chatty and Hungry
- If you could only eat one item for every meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What’s your favorite sport to watch and which team do you root for?
NFL Football, My fantasy football team
- What’s your favorite TV show—the one you’re always watching on repeat?
- What keeps you going during the hectic legislative session?
Exercise and coffee and then more coffee