Karl Rasmussen is a Senior Policy Advisor at MHD responsible for lobbying the executive and legislative branches of state government on behalf of firm clients. Specializing in Environment, Insurance, Gaming, Health Care, Construction, Technology and Energy issues, Karl has been a part of the Florida political process for over a decade.
Karl has been instrumental in lobbying on special projects at both the executive and legislative branches, which has resulted in creating opportunities for clients at state agencies, including rulemaking and funding successes. Prior to joining the private sector, Karl spent seven years in government service, where he most recently served as a member of the senior leadership team in the Executive Office of the Governor under the Governor Rick Scott Administration.
From 2014 to 2017, Karl served as the Deputy Chief of Staff to Governor Scott, where he was responsible for developing policy positions, legislative priorities, and recommendations to the Governor with a focus on Health Care and Environmental Issues. In this role, Karl managed eight state agencies providing guidance to agency leadership on policy, legislative strategy, communications, budget, leadership and operations.
Karl also served as Director of Cabinet Affairs for Governor Scott, as well as the Assistant Director of State Lands, the Director of Cabinet Affairs and the Cabinet Affairs Liaison for the Florida Department of Environmental Protection.
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- Do you collect anything?
- If you could only watch one movie or television show for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What is your favorite season?
- How many siblings do you have?
- What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
Mint Chocolate Chip
- What celebrity do you share a birthday with?
- If you could only eat one type of food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- What is your hometown?
Winter Park, FL