Jim Daughton is President of the firm and practices in its legislative affairs and administrative rulemaking areas with an emphasis on ﬁnancial services, technology and healthcare. Throughout the course of his professional career Jim has represented Fortune 500 companies, Florida-based businesses and professional associations.
Jim has served in many business and civic organizations including the Advisory Board of the Florida Chamber of Commerce Political Institute and chairman of the Florida Chamber’s Free Enterprise PAC, and currently serves on the Board of Directors of Florida House on Capitol Hill. Jim speaks regularly to audiences about Florida’s governmental and political environment, and recently authored an article for the Florida Family Physician Journal entitled “Who Are These People And What Are They Doing to My Practice—Why family doctors need advocacy at the state level.”
Jim graduated with high honors from the Florida State University College of Law. He earned his B.A. in political science from Stetson University. Jim was the recipient of the William Amory Underhill Award given to the student most likely to have a positive impact on government.
Jim is married to Maureen McCarthy Daughton and has two sons, Connor and Will.
CURRENT EMPLOYMENT POSITION(S)
Shareholder Areas of Practice: Legislative & Governmental Aﬀairs Administrative Law
Bar Admissions: Florida, 1998
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- The Florida Bar
- The American Bar Association
- The Florida Chamber of Commerce
- Florida Bar Governmental and Public Policy Advocacy Committee.
PAST EMPLOYMENT POSITIONS:
- Holland & Knight LLP, Associate and Partner;
- Herndon Daughton and Associates, Partner;
- Executive Oﬃce of the Governor, Executive Assistant, Deputy Chief of Staﬀ.
- What’s your favorite family tradition?
Dad’s Memorial Day Trip – Surprise Destination.
- If you joined the circus, what would your circus act be?
- Coke, Pepsi or other?
Sadly, its water.
- What was the worst job you ever had?
Sweeping the parking lot at the Jiffy Store.
- Where is your favorite place you have traveled?
Moose Head Ranch, Wyoming.
- What three words would your friends use to describe you?
- If you could only eat one item for every meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Blaze Pizza – cauliflower crust.
- What’s your favorite sport to watch and which team do you root for?
NFL Football – New England Patriots.
- What’s your favorite TV show—the one you’re always watching on repeat?
- What keeps you going during the hectic legislative session?
Chocolate Smoothie in the morning and Ambien at night.