Doug Bell focuses his practice on government affairs and administrative law, where he has worked in various policy areas focusing on healthcare, insurance, general business issues, and various local government issues.
He has garnered an AV® Preeminent distinction, the highest available mark for professional excellence from Martindale-Hubbell’s Peer Review Ratings. Doug has also been noted in Florida Trend Magazine as a member of the Florida Legal Elite, and has been listed among The Best Lawyers in America® publication.
Doug has served on many not-for-profit boards over the years and he is the former chairman of the Tallahassee Community College Foundation and the former chairman of the Tallahassee Ronald McDonald House.
- What’s your favorite family tradition?
Christmas breakfast and Men vs. Women Trivial Pursuit. The women always win.
- If you joined the circus, what would your circus act be?
- Coke, Pepsi or other?
- What was the worst job you ever had?
I’ve had some difficult jobs, but they’ve all had a silver lining (e.g. – oyster washer at beachside restaurant, oyster shucker in college bar, seawall and dock construction with an interesting crew of ex-cons, fish processing plant in Alaska, bussing tables at Beaver Creek).
- Where is your favorite place you have traveled?
Hawaii or Costa Rica.
- What three words would your friends use to describe you?
After getting smart-aleck answers that are not suitable for print, I’ll settle on: confident, prepared, caring.
- If you could only eat one item for every meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What’s your favorite sport to watch and which team do you root for?
- What’s your favorite TV show—the one you’re always watching on repeat?
Andy Griffith Show.
- What keeps you going during the hectic legislative session?
Drive to win and knowing it will end soon.