Doug Bell focuses his practice on government affairs and administrative law, where he has worked in various policy areas focusing on healthcare, insurance, general business issues and various local government issues.
With 20 years of legislative experience, Doug represents clients such as Avis Budget Group, McDonald’s Corporation, Progressive Insurance Company, Westcor Land Title Insurance Company, and Daiichi Sankyo.
He has garnered an AV® Preeminent distinction, the highest available mark for professional excellence from Martindale-Hubbell’s Peer Review Ratings. Doug has also been noted in Florida Trend Magazine as a member of the Florida Legal Elite, and has been listed among The Best Lawyers in America® publication.
Doug has served on many not-for-profit boards over the years and he is the former chairman of the Tallahassee Community College Foundation and the former chairman of the Tallahassee Ronald McDonald House.
- What was your favorite TV show when growing up?
Sanford & Son
- What is your favorite cereal?
- What was your childhood nickname?
- What, or who, are you a “closet” fan of?
- What would you be doing if you weren’t at your current job?
Ski Bum or Surf Bum
- What movie or novel character do you most admire/identify with?
Uhtred of Bebbanburg (from Bernard Cornwell’s Saxon Stories)’
- What is the last book you read?
Barbarian Days of a Surfing Life by William Finnegan
- What/where was your first job?
It wasn’t a job per se, but I used to find, clean and sell golfballs on the nearby course. As a young teenager I also helped build seawalls and docks and was an oyster washer at a raw bar.
- What was the last concert you attended?
- What is your favorite NFL team?
Tampa Bay Buccaneers