Andy Palmer has more than two decades of experience in Florida politics and government. Early in his career, Andy served as the Chief Policy Analyst for Health and Human Services in the Office of Policy and Budget under Governor Jeb Bush. He also held a variety of positions in the Florida House, including legislative analyst in the House Majority Office and Staff Director of the House Health Care Regulation Committee.
Immediately prior to joining the firm, Andy spent time working in Florida politics. He twice served as Executive Director of the Republican Party of Florida under two different Governors, and during the 2010 election cycle Andy served as Director of House Campaigns for former House Speaker Dean Cannon. He was recognized by Florida Politics as one of the “Brightest Minds in Florida Politics”.
Andy’s lobbying practice focuses on a variety of policy areas with an emphasis on tourism and hospitality, health care, transportation and general business issues.
Andy is married to Kristen Palmer and they have four children: Drew, Knox, Davis, and Ellis.
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
The mountains. Any mountains will do.
- Do you collect anything?
Based on the evidence at my house, I collect old, broken kids toys. The more lost pieces the better apparently.
- If you could only watch one movie or television show for the rest of your life, what would it be?
TV show – Friends; Movie – Saving Private Ryan
- What is your favorite season?
Fall (cooler weather and college football!)
- How many siblings do you have?
Just one – a sister
- What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
- What celebrity do you share a birthday with?
Several, but I’m rolling with Ken Griffey, Jr.
- If you could only eat one type of food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
A really good cheeseburger
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- What is your hometown?
Born in Tampa, FL but moved to Tallahassee before I was a year old.