Aimee Diaz Lyon is an attorney with over 20 years of experience in legislative and governmental affairs. She represents clients before the legislative and executive branches of Florida government, including regulatory boards and commissions, with an emphasis on health care and judiciary issues.
Aimee has been with Metz, Husband & Daughton for 10 years. Prior to joining the MHD team, Aimee served for seven years as legislative counsel for a large statewide legal association. In her capacity, she provided legislative opinions, drafted legislation and administrative rules, and conducted extensive legal research for the association’s members. Aimee has also served as director of governmental affairs for the Florida Osteopathic Medical Association, where she coordinated the association’s efforts to promote legislation and executive rulemaking that protected professional medicine, and provided counsel to members and related organizations on the legislative process. Previously, Aimee served in a variety of legislative staff positions in the Florida House of Representatives, including in a leadership office.
Aimee earned her Juris Doctorate from the Florida State University College of Law, after earning a dual Bachelor of Arts degree in Government and Spanish from Dartmouth College. She is fluent in oral and written Spanish. She and her husband, Chris, are proud parents of Jake and Abby.
Bar Admissions: Florida, 1999.
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- Do you collect anything?
Sand from around the world
- If you could only watch one movie or television show for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Little House on the Prairie
- What is your favorite season?
- How many siblings do you have?
- What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
Ice Cream Sandwiches
- What celebrity do you share a birthday with?
Cardi B (I don’t know who that is) and Eleanor Roosevelt
- If you could only eat one type of food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
The alarm clock
- What is your hometown?
Palm Beach Gardens, FL